BC Cattlemen’s Association – Producer input is a key focus for the BC Packing Plant steering committee and engagement sessions are planned for November.
There was much thoughtful discussion during recent sessions in Kamloops, Vanderhoof, Williams Lake, Quesneland and a number of important issues were raised. Overall, the meetings were positive with discussions around seasonality and cattle supply, labour force and location of the plant and there is a great deal of interest from producers in getting involved in this opportunity.
Producer feedback is crucial and we encourage producers to come out to upcoming sessions. The next sessions are:
- Kamloops: Nov 13, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, Coast Kamloops Hotel
- 100 Mile House: Nov 14, 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Red Coach Inn (board room)
- Cache Creek: Nov 14, 6:30 – 9:30 pm, Hat Creek Ranch Restaurant
- Vernon: Nov 15, 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm, Denny’s/Sandman Hotel (board room)
- Merritt: Nov 15, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Comfort Inn